September 1, 2009

She was the still point of the turning world.



I finished the weekend off with my lovely friend Jo Jo at Borders where I bought a book- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. Although I have seen the movie a zillion times I thought and hoped that the book would be even more beautiful and perhaps have some extra little twists and turns. I'm just over half way through and even though I'm enjoying it very much and it really is written beautifully, Sophia Coppola didn't change much for the movie. Each word spoken between the characters even seems to be the same. I'm not discouraged to keep on reading though. I think both author and director did an amazing job at telling this story. And besides, I'm enjoying getting lost in the dreamy observations of the Lisbon girls. And what a pretty looking book to place on my future bookcase I hope to soon own!


No comments:

Post a Comment