December 8, 2009

from one thing to the next.



After a few weekends in, hiding away at Tivoli Place, I had my first socially busy weekend out. Saturday morning breakfast with my friend Thomas, which fuelled my desire to move to NYC as he told stories about Jay-Z and Brooklyn living,  followed by an afternoon at Blackbird Markets drinking beer and watching Frankie's band. Then it was off to Charlie's to give her a much needed cuddle, she was sufferring from self inflicted pain caused by a massive night out and the only thing to fix that was burgers and episodes of Full House. We eventually left the Tanner household and headed over to Alex's to warm his house. There I made an instant friend. A gay guy grabbed me and said, "Let's be friends tonight! I can tell I'm going to like you!". Wow. Thanks dude. So for the next 3 hours we were best friends until I hailed a cab alone and made my way to Carlton Club. That's when the night gets hazy and I stumbled out of Pony at 6am. Classy. I did manage to sneak in some sleep before having to get up and head to Thomas' picinc in the Botanical Gardens. My lovely house wife Charlie made potato salad and caramel slice and we spent the afternoon making daisy chains and eating treats with some new and old friends. After all that I eventually passed out on the couch for a few hours but not before eating so many salt and vinegar chips that I burnt my tongue on flavour. Yuck!

As the year comes to a close, things are finally starting to look bright again. This week may just top the last. My best friend from QLD arrived last night so I can't wait to show her around and then on Thursday my parents arrive and are staying with me over the weekend. I'm feeling a little nervous/strange about having my parents stay with me. I have plans on Friday night and actually asked my mother for permission to go out. What the fuck!? My mum has never been strict and I don't think I ever asked for permission to go out when I was 16 so don't ask me why I'm doing it now. I just won't be able to stay at Pony until 6am and arrive home as they're waking up. That is one thing no parent needs to witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment