November 20, 2009

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb....



Wednesday night was possibly the most exciting night of my life. Two words. Twilight. Saga. I had been anticipating the premiere of New Moon for many, many months and finally Edward Cullen was back in my life, where he belongs. I managed to find one willing friend, Jo Jo,  to accompany me on the Twilight and then midnight screening of New Moon and boy did I feel like a 12 year old girl all over again. With treats packed and my head filled with naked images of Edward Cullen, I set off for a six hour stay at Melbourne Central Cinema.

The hype surrounding this movie was unbelievable. I must admit, I am a Twilight nut but thank god not half as bad as most people. You certainly didn't see me covered in over priced merchanise, although I need to get me one of those 'Team Edward' t-shirts! Okay, so deep down I am just as bad. Inside the cinema it felt like one massive slumber party, the excitement, even for Twilight, was insane. Edward Cullen made his first entrance and the crowd erupted into wolf whistles, screams and applause. God bless Robert Pattinson, babe-ing out big time. I couldn't help myself but to clap my hands in glee and smile at the thought of one day bearing his children.

New Moon didn't disappoint. I was down a bag of Pods and half a packet of fruit chews, my stomach was reeling with sugar overload but I was still the happiest I've been in a long time. Although Edward isn't in it nearly as much as I'd like so my R-Patz babe watching was limited, I still loved it. Never before have I gotten this wrapped up in something It's as though Stephenie Meyer created a cult where my brain instantly starts twitching in excitment and nothing else matters when I talk about Twilight. When life gets hectic all a girl needs is be distracted by a sexy blood sucking vampire in the name of Edward Cullen.

No comments:

Post a Comment