August 10, 2010

zombieland.


My teacher once asked us if we thought that films dictated our dreams or if our dreams dictated films. I always thought that our dreams were the creative inspiration for films and art a like. That was until recently. I have this annoying habit of needing a film to fall asleep to a film and lately they've been based on serial killers or the living dead. Being chased by zombies all night is exhausting to say the least, disturbing mainly. The dude at work who is obsessed with zombies told me that, and I quote, "It essentially means that you are feeling overwhelmed by things out of your control and that you are under a lot of stress." And he knows his zombie shit.

Then yesterday afternoon I had a nap to the teen cult classic (in my books anyway), Urban Legends. My entire dreams were based around the film and the only thing I was worried about is that I missed out on Tara Reid dying. I had this same problem with The OC, although I didn't mind being a part of the Cohen family for a good 7 hours in dream land.

So it's either give up scary films before bed or deal with my stress and problems. I think I'll keep running from the zombies for now, perhaps I'll get lucky and they'll turn me into one. That, or I kill Tara Reid myself.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. Stressed because I haven't done my yoga in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these are stressful times. Being flexible helps. Have you started a new blog?
    You Wouldn't be interested in helping me design mine would you? I need your touch and i need more traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flexible? is that a play on yoga? well played Binge :) I have started a new blog but it isn't ready yet for viewing. I could maybe help but I'll speak to you about it off blogspot

    ReplyDelete